We have several new faces to tell you about!
First we have a couple of births in the Little Padded Seats extended family...
- Robyn, our long time employee, had her second child. Eli (when he gets in trouble Mom will call him Eliot) was born at 12:19pm on Saturday, August 7th. At the time he was 8 pounds and 21 inches long.
- Char, our good friend and local baby wearing expert and educator, had a baby girl, Eilah. She was born Friday evening, August 13th.
- Alexi, our former employee, had her second baby boy, Tobias James. He was born on Wednesday, August 18th, at 11:12am and measured 7lbs 7oz & 20˝ inches long.
Next we have a couple of new employees to introduce...
- Bianca started working at Little Padded Seats in early July.
- Ashlee came onboard the last week in July.
Next time you're in the store say 'Hi' to the new girls and introduce yourself if you haven't already!
We only have a few product announcements to make this time...
- bumGenius! Elementals (used to be called Organic All-In-Ones) are now only in the new pastel colors. We do have a few Clementine and a few Moonbeam left, but when they're gone they're gone.
- We've added a new option for wipes. Swaddlebees Baby Wipes are soft, gentle & absorbent. They're bamboo velour on one side & bamboo terry on the other. Oh, they're also very bright & bold! And in a pinch they will double as doublers!
- Bébé au Lait Double Reversible Bibs have 4 sides to face out and keep your little eater (or drooler) clean and dry. When putting on, these use magnets to self align and stay on.
- Charlie's Soap Laundry Powder has changed their packaging (again)! It's now in recycled & recyclable plastic jars. Our next batch should be in the 100% post-consumer content jars. [Note: There was a mix up on our order and we got the old style bags again but another shipment with the jars is currently en route and should be here imminently!]
- We will now be offering REFILLS on Charlies Soap Laundry Powder! Bring your empty jar back into the store and we will refill it for you. Cut down on packaging waste & cost.
Free Kindermusik Class
Join us for a Free Kindermusik Village Demonstration Class at 9:00am on Thursday, August 26th at Little Padded Seats. Explore the ways music and movement can connect you and your baby while fostering her total physical, social, emotional, and cognitive growth. Together you'll learn techniques for incorporating music into your baby's daily routine through infant massage, exercise, dance, instrument play-along, and so much more!
Children ages newborn to 18 months are encouraged to attend. Please contact Jenn with your questions at 515-221-2948 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cloth Diaper 101
Sunday, Aug 22, 10:00am
Monday, Sep 6, 5:30pm
Sunday, Sep 19, 10:00am
Monday, Oct 4, 5:30pm
Intro to Babywearing
These classes are now free!
NOTE: Char Wade, our local babywearing expert & instructor, just had a baby. So the next class is not scheduled yet. Please call the store or check our Facebook page for updates.
Can you believe that it's been a whole year since we moved into our 'new' location?
Help us celebrate! The actual anniversary is Thursday, August 26th. If you wish us 'Happy Anniversary' that day we'll give you $5 off your purchase of $10 or more. Also join us on Saturday, August 28th, for refreshments and to spin our prize wheel.
500 on Facebook!
We're quickly approaching 500 friends on our Facebook page! Help us get there by suggesting our page to your Facebook friends. When we reach this milestone, we will put all of our friends into a drawing and randomly select one lucky friend to win a $25.00 Gift Certificate!